Loneliness is bad for you! In these days of smaller families and movement away for work, many older people are left feeling isolated. Older men in particular are at risk of isolation as a result of bereavement or a change in health.
We offer a twice weekly Drop-in Coffee Morning on Tuesday and Friday between 9.30am – 11.30am to offer information and advice. Our services also include:
- A home visit to introduce our service and to assess if/how we can help
- A follow-on support visit at times of change
- We hold a lot of information in leaflet form about services designed to support older people. This is available in our centre on Station Road or can be delivered to you after a telephone conversation, if mobility is a problem.
- Limited transport to our activities for people who can’t otherwise access them
- A befriending service for people who are housebound
- Support for people living with dementia and their families
- A monthly dementia support group ‘Birds of a Feather’
- A monthly carers’ support group working in partnership with Carers Leeds
- Monthly bereavement peer support group working in partnership with Carers Leeds
- Our More than a Mealtime project help to reduce isolation through sharing a meal together.
- Walking, dancing and gentle exercise groups
- Two weekly Lunch Clubs
- Painting & Drawing and Creative Writing Classes
- Beginner and Intermediate Ukulele classes
- We will support you with technology and IT at our Technology Friday Drop-In or our Monday one-to-one lessons.
- Seasonal events and celebrations
Visit our What’s on page for more information about what’s happening now.