Digital Inclusion Worker
- Hours: Part Time | 16 hours per week
- Salary: £23,369 pro rata
- Pension: Nest Pension Scheme 4%
- Working Days: Working hours will be spread over four days between Monday to Friday with a flexible approach
- Location: Our main office at The Newman Centre, Station Road, Cross Gates Leeds LS15 7JY
- This position is initially for a period of one year
Cross Gates and District Good Neighbours’ Scheme CIO works to reduce social isolation, promote well-being and support independent living for older people within our area.
In this new role you will be supporting members to become digitally included, improving their digital skills to help them be better informed, pay less for things, be more employable, feel more independent, be less isolated, and live better, easier, longer lives.
You will be responsible for the development of a Digital Health Hub within the Crossgates area, and designing and delivering digital support workshops and interventions to enable older people to access online NHS services and apps to support with self-managing their conditions.
To be responsible for the development of a Digital Health Hub within the Crossgates Area. To design and deliver digital support workshops and interventions to enable older people to access online NHS services and apps.
- To work with healthcare professionals in local GP practices to ensure their patients are enabled to access their online services.
- Deliver digital support sessions to increase member’s independence and confidence in taking control of their own health and wellbeing, including identifying their IT support needs.
- To recruit and support Digital Health Volunteers to enable them to become digital champions.
- To promote the Digital Health Inclusion agenda with health professionals, community groups, members and local residents.
- To work with older people to explore additional possibilities for digital engagement including the NHS and Health Services apps and online service.
- To work with other statutory and voluntary agencies to identify older people who would benefit from the project.
- To be responsible for the monitoring and reporting of projects and assessments in line with funding and trustee requirements.
- Closing Date: 5pm, Wednesday 28 August
- Interview Date: Monday 2 September
- Digital Inclusion Job Advert
- Digital Inclusion Job Description and Person Specification
- Application Form
For an informal chat about the role or for more information please contact Jo@crossgatesgns.org.uk or call 0113 260 6565